How to take a dose of 3-in-1 TRELEGY
TRELEGY offers the simplicity of once-daily dosing, with 3 separate long-acting COPD medicines in 1 easy-to-use inhaler. TRELEGY does not replace a rescue inhaler.
The demonstration video below is intended to complement the Instructions for Use at the end of the Patient Information for TRELEGY ELLIPTA. For full instructions on how to use TRELEGY, as well as other important information, please see the complete Prescribing Information, including Patient Information, for TRELEGY. You can also ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for more information.
You can also use the instructions for the TRELEGY ELLIPTA inhaler below:
Wait to open the cover until you are ready to take a dose. Before the inhaler is used for the first time, the counter should show the number 30 (14 if you have a sample from your doctor or the hospital). This is the number of doses in the inhaler.
If you open and close the cover without inhaling the medicine, you will lose the dose. The lost dose will be securely held inside the inhaler, but it will no longer be available to be inhaled. It is not possible to accidentally take a double dose or an extra dose in 1 inhalation. Make sure to ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Step 1 - Open the cover of the inhaler.
- Slide the cover down to expose the mouthpiece. You should hear a “click.” The counter will count down by 1 number. You do not need to shake this kind of inhaler. Your inhaler is now ready to use.
- If the counter does not count down as you hear the click, the inhaler will not deliver the medicine. Call your healthcare provider or pharmacist if this happens.
Step 2 - Breathe out.
- While holding the inhaler away from your mouth, breathe out (exhale) fully. Do not breathe out into the mouthpiece.
Step 3 - Inhale your medicine.
- Put the mouthpiece between your lips, and close your lips firmly around it. Your lips should fit over the curved shape of the mouthpiece.
- Take one long, steady, deep breath in through your mouth. Do not breathe in through your nose.
- Do not block the air vent with your fingers.
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth and hold your breath for about 3 to 4 seconds (or as long as is comfortable for you).
Step 4 - Breathe out slowly and gently.
- You may not taste or feel the medicine, even when you are using the inhaler correctly.
- Do not take another dose from the inhaler even if you do not feel or taste the medicine.
Step 5 - Close the inhaler.
- You can clean the mouthpiece if needed, using a dry tissue, before you close the cover. Routine cleaning is not required.
- Slide the cover up and over the mouthpiece as far as it will go.
Step 6 - Rinse your mouth.
- Rinse your mouth with water after you have used the inhaler and spit the water out. Do not swallow the water.
Important Note: When should you get a refill?
- When you have fewer than 10 doses remaining in your inhaler, the left half of the counter shows red as a reminder to get a refill.
- After you have inhaled the last dose, the counter will show “0” and will be empty.
- Throw the empty inhaler away in your household trash, out of reach of children and pets.
What is the dosing for TRELEGY?
TRELEGY offers the simplicity of once-daily dosing, with 3 separate long-acting COPD medicines in 1 easy-to-use inhaler. That means 1 single inhalation once a day gives you a full 24 hours of better breathing. Your results may vary. Just remember that if you stop taking TRELEGY, symptoms could return.
TRELEGY is not a rescue medication and will not replace your rescue inhaler for sudden breathing problems. If you don’t have a rescue inhaler, contact your healthcare provider to have one prescribed for you.